Saturday, August 25, 2007

First Post

Hi everyone! Welcome to "Plant Science to the Rescue Again...".
I'm not sure exactly what will come of this blog, or exactly what topics it will cover, but I know they will be wide ranging.
In case you were wondering, the title for this blog came about as such: When I attended Cornell University, I was a plant science major, and my friends were quite interested in my 'skills' at plant ID and general plant craziness. The joke became that anytime one of my friends would as me a plant question, read a news article relating to plants, or saw a movie which involved plants (I specifically remembered this coming up in Harry Potter V), someone or myself would respond "Plant Science to the rescue again." Hilarious, I know; I guess you had to be there. But none the less, that is the story.
A little about me: I just graduated from Cornell University with a B.S. in Plant Science. I had a truly wonderful time at Cornell and enjoyed every minute of it. Now I'm gainfully unemployed, but in the process of trying to change that. One of the major problems is that my interests are very wide-ranging within the world of plant science, and I don't particularly care for genetics. I've worked at two Herbariums and loved it, and feel that I would be best suited to working in an Herbarium. I have a boyfriend who I have been seeing for a little more than a year and have been going out with for approx. 7 months. Some of my other interests besides plants include clarinet, classical music, and photography.
Well, I guess that is a decent first post. I'll try to update fairly often; I'll aim for every other day. Lets see how that works.
Thanks for checking me out and come back soon!

No comments: